- President – Beth Curtaccio
- Vice President – Megan Clark Anskate
- Treasurer – Ray Schoenberger
- Secretary – Amanda Cypher
About The PTO (Parent Teacher Organization):
College Square PTO is a non-profit organization group made up of parent volunteers and teaching staff. The Purpose of the PTO is to enhance and support the educational experience at College Square, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involment, and to improve the envirement at our school through volunteer and financial support.
Together we will:
- Provide support for cultural and educational programs at College Square.
- Promote social activities that heighten school spirit.
- Encourage and organize volunteer support for school and PTO programs and events.
- Conduct purposeful fundraising to support programs and events at College Square.
- Supplement the school budget to provide supplies and equipment to enhance the education of students now and in years to come.
There are several committees at College Square. These are constantly evolving and being altered to accommodate schedules and responsibilities. Each committee will consist of a committee chair and its members. The members of the committee are expected to meet with the committee chair at least once a year to organize and plan for the coming events. Committee chairs should attend monthly PTO meetings to keep the Executive board and other members updated. The committee members are welcome to attend but it is not mandatory to participate in the committee.
- Book Fair
- Box Tops
- Community Service
- School Decorating Committee
- Holiday Shoppe
- Volunteer Committee (Holiday Parties & Fun Day)
- Teacher Appreciation
- Social Media
Funding the PTO
Throughout the year the students are asked to participate in various fundraisers and the question is often asked “Where does this money go?”.
Each year the PTO provides the funding for:
- Take home folders and Planners for the students
- Teaching Staff Luncheons and gifts
- 6 Field trips including bus transportation
- Book Fair (twice a year)
- Construction paper for entire school
- Office supplies for PTO
- Butterflies for 2nd grade
- Classroom Parties and Fun Day
- Holiday Shoppe supplies
- School Programs, Assemblies, and Events
- Insurance, Audits, & Taxes
- Kindergarten popsicles on playground
- Books for the incoming kindergarten students durring the pre-schools visit.
- Supplies for 2nd grade’s Christmas Around the World
- Box Top prizes
- Community Service projects
- Money for each teacher to spend on needs for their classroom
In addition to the above yearly list the PTO was able to provide the following additional items/events over the past several years:
- Purchased the new indoor peaceful playground kit for indoor recess
- Gifted the music department $3,000
- Gifted the STEM lab money to purchase kits and enhance the space to promote creativity
- Purchased document viewers for each classroom
- New Laminator for all the College Square Staff